- Population: 21,803
- Size: 5.72 sq. km
- Avg. household income: $134,787
- Distance from Parliament Hill: 4 km west
- Who’s building: Claridge, Orange Design Build
- Population: 32,758
- Size: 18 sq. km
- Avg. household income: $115,235
- Distance from Parliament Hill: 13 km east
- Who’s building: Mattamy Homes
- Population: 10,951
- Size: 4.76 sq. km
- Avg. household income: $185,759
- Distance from Parliament Hill: 5 km east
- Who’s building: No major projects
Discovering Ottawa’s Communities
Along with being Canada’s capital, Ottawa is large: 2,760 square kilometres (much of it rural). It stretches along the Ottawa River from the edges of Arnprior in the west to just shy of Rockland in the east and south to the Rideau River near Kemptville.
The city has four distinct regions, including a central core located inside a band of largely undeveloped land known as the Greenbelt. The population hit the one million mark in 2019; when combined with Gatineau on the north side of the Ottawa River, that makes it the fifth largest city in Canada.
Our map takes you to helpful in-depth profiles of Ottawa’s communities (or neighbourhoods), which include 2022 census information. Choose a pin above or see the list below.